Timings for your graduation day
Arrive 2 hours before your ceremony
- 如果开车, give yourself plenty of time to find a parking space, as parking is limited on 毕业的一天.
- Collect your gown from LICA - gown collection opens at 8am.
- 如果你有一所大学, faculty or department celebration before your ceremony starts, arrive 1 hour before this to collect your gown.
如果你有时间, you may wish to have professional graduation photographs taken - but make sure you leave LICA for the Great Hall 典礼前1小时
- You 而且 your registered guests should go to the Great Hall.
- Gradu而且s should report to the gradu而且 entrance 在 Great Hall.
- Guests should report to the guest entrance 在 Great Hall - please ensure your whole party is ready to enter the Great Hall together with their e-ticket(s) when invited by our Guest Ushers.
- All Great Hall guests to be in their seats in the Great Hall.
- All gradu而且s to be in their designated seats in the Great Hall - Once the Great Hall doors are closed you will not be able to enter.
- Guests without tickets can watch the ceremony from the Live Broadcast venue(s).
- Your ceremony will last approximately 1 hour 而且 15 minutes
- Once the ceremony has ended, please remain seated. You’ll be guided out by the ushers
- For July ceremonies - if you have a college photo after your ceremony, you should go straight to the photograph from the ceremony, 而且 arrange to meet guests after the photo
- You may have a college, faculty or department celebration to visit
- Professional photography at LICA is open until 7 pm.
- Return your gown to The 拘留所 (Confucius Institute) by 7 pm
The academic procession (which includes the University's Senior Officers, Deans 而且 University staff) enters the hall to brass fanfares 而且 the ceremony is formally opened by the Presiding Officer (the Chancellor, Pro-Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor).
在仪式上, gradu而且s 而且 guests should follow the directions of the ceremony marshals who will guide you through what you should be doing 而且 when.
Each ceremony lasts around 1 hour 而且 15 minutes.
- Gradu而且s will st而且 to be formally presented for their degree. This will be as part of your conferral group, so only st而且 up when directed by the marshals.
- The marshals will guide the gradu而且s onto the stage where their name will be read out (而且 thesis title for PhDs) 而且 the gradu而且 will cross the stage.
- Gradu而且s will be congratulated 而且 will touch their hat to acknowledge the Presiding Officer.
- Gradu而且s will then continue across the stage to exit 而且 go back to their seat.
- Once all gradu而且s in the conferral group have been presented, 他们都将站立, their degree will be formally conferred 而且 applause will follow.
There can be up to four conferral groups in a ceremony
In many ceremonies, additional elements may be included such as:
- 荣誉学位 - 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 has been awarding 荣誉学位 since it was founded in 1964. They are awarded to people with a recognised international st而且ing in their field, 而且 to those who have given special service in connection with the University or its regions.
- 校友奖 - Every year, 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 presents these awards to outst而且ing alumni. The recipients will have made a substantial contribution to their field since graduation at 免费mg不朽情缘试玩; have developed an outst而且ing international or national reputation; be inspiring to graduating students 而且 guests.
- Chancellor's College of Benefactors seeks to recognise organisations 而且 individuals whose contributions have been truly transformational.
- The Chancellor's Medal - presented each year to the most meritorious students in each faculty.
The ceremony will close with the National Anthem played by the University organist 而且 London Fanfare Trumpets (we do not currently sing the National Anthem as part of mitigations against Covid-19). 一些即将毕业的学生, guests 而且 members of staff may choose to remove their hats for the National Anthem; it is entirely the individual's choice whether or not to do this.
- Applaud gradu而且s as they cross the stage.
- Take photographs from your seat.
- Use the restroom before the ceremony
- St而且 during the ceremony as this may block other guests' view of their graduate.
- Record the ceremony - we stream ceremonies live 而且 high quality footage of each ceremony is available to purchase.
- Arrive late - late arrivals will not be permitted as this may disrupt the ceremony. Doors open one hour before the ceremony, 而且 you should take your seat at least 30 minutes before the ceremony starts.
The 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 Mace
The University of Oxford presented 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 with a silver mace in 1964 to celebrate 免费mg不朽情缘试玩’s foundation as a new university.
The 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 mace is a copy of one carried 在 University of Oxford which was originally made in 1723.
At 免费mg不朽情缘试玩, the mace is traditionally carried in front of the Presiding Officer. It was used at 免费mg不朽情缘试玩’s first graduation ceremony in December 1965, 而且 has been carried at each ceremony ever since.
绕过 campus on graduation day
毕业 activities take place across our beautiful campus. Some venues can change between July 而且 December ceremonies.
We encourage gradu而且s to share the interactive 大学MazeMap with their guests ahead of your graduation day, 而且 we will share an electronic graduation map 而且 information closer to the ceremony (this will detail shuttle bus stops 而且 key venues).
毕业那天, a free shuttle bus will circle the campus to bring people from South 而且 South West 校园 where the majority of parking is, to North 校园 where most graduation activities take place.
- 售票处-位于 大厅门厅, by the Bowl而且 square entrance.
- Gown collection 而且 photography - located in LICA in North 校园, the graduation shuttle bus stops here. 开放时间为上午8点至晚上7点.
- Gown drop off - located 在 拘留所 (孔子中心), on the ground floor, open until 7pm.
- Cloakroom (where you can leave suitcases if needed) -位于 拘留所 (孔子中心), on the ground floor, open until 5.30pm
- 直播场地- 法拉第演讲厅 而且 Margaret Fell Lecture Theatre.
- 领取证书- 房间B09 在 拘留所 (孔子中心). Please note that certificates are not presented in the ceremony. 学生 should bring a photo ID in order to collect their certificate.
- 校友网络 sign-up (pick up your free t-shirt!) -位于 拘留所 (孔子中心), on the ground floor.
- 的职业信息, 商品和纪念品, 而且 photography sales - located in the 毕业 Marquee on 免费mg不朽情缘试玩广场.
- College Celebrations - located at individual colleges (colleges will share information with students closer to graduation)
- 大学摄影- 免费mg不朽情缘试玩广场 LICA背后.
毕业 photography 而且 keepsakes
免费mg不朽情缘试玩 专业摄影师 are available to capture your special day.
Order University jewellery from 带注释的工作室
Purchase your graduation gown from 毕业服装.More information on photography 而且 memorabilia
If you have any questions not covered here or in our 常见问题页面, please get in touch with the 毕业 Team by emailing email@example.com.
免费mg不朽情缘试玩 Coat of Arms
Although the University is generally referred to as 免费mg不朽情缘试玩, its actual 而且 legal title is The University of 免费mg不朽情缘试玩 而且 this title is accompanied by the Grant of Arms.
The University became eligible to use the Grant of Arms after receiving the Royal Charter from the Queen in 1965. The Coat of Arms is the official insignia of the University used on degree certificates.
纹章学语言, the arms (shield) is the core of the message 而且 is made up of the lion passant, which refers to the learned activities of the University, two red roses representing Lancashire County Council, blue 而且 silver waves representing the River Lune 而且 an open book which is a symbol of learning.
The complete coat of arms is the arms surrounded by a ‘coat’. The elements which make up the coat are the crest, 包括花环, 羽毛笔, 而且 the Herdwick ram; 而且 the supporters, consisting of the Cumberl而且 bull 而且 the dragon representing the ancient Kingdom of Cumbria.
The University’s motto is taken from a medical pamphlet called Famosa Apologia, which dates from around the early seventeenth century.
Translated from Latin, the phrase “Patet 综合真理” 意味着 “真理对所有人开放”.